ASPCA Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty

Pledge to Fight Animal Cruelty Circuses.com

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

What A Dog Knows

What a Dog Knows

just last night you hit me
with a cruel and open hand
you begged me to forgive you
but you don't understand

that now I flinch at every touch
you know, dogs don't forget
but we are such forgiving souls
and yet, I'd have to bet

that tomorrow you will hit me
for flinching at your hand,
the tides are turning
story told and written in the sand

I'll bite the hand that fed me
and beat me, broke me down
you'll grab me by the collar
and take me to the pound

You'll claim I was a vicious cur
and as I have no voice
your hand is bloody, torn and scarred
the pound will have no choice

I know the story's' sad and long
and has no happy end
but all I ever tried to be
was a loyal and kindred friend.

For all the Dogs that never made it to a no kill rescue

Sue Breen Dec 5 2006

No comments: